Mechanical Design Engineer
|Head Office– Banbridge, Co.Down||8am - 5pm Mon to Thur, 8am-3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Design Manager|
The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in the UK’s Building Services providers due to the award of new contracts and continued growth within the specialist and growing sector of offsite fabrication.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland, UK and Europe. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of a Mechanical Design Engineer to support our growing Design Team based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
To take the lead role in the preparation of mechanical designs for commercial heating plantrooms and prefabricated products for the high-rise residential, Healthcare, Education, Hotel and Leisure sectors.
Day to day activities will include sizing, selecting and performing calculations, conducting site surveys for a range of sectors and liaising with our fabrication team to make sure products are being fabricated to the specification.
Working in conjunction with an established design team who operate with the latest AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Prepare relevant mechanical design drawings, calculations, plant selections, BOM, and specifications
• Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
• Attendance at project design meetings when required.
• Ability to work in conjunction with contracts managers and commissioning teams to assist in the commissioning process including proofing and streamlining of BMS controls operation.
• Liaising professionally with clients, suppliers, contractors and other relevant authorities as necessary at an extremely professional level.
• Keep up to date with emerging technology and integration with new design concepts.
• Educated to HNC/HND Level in Mechanical Engineering / Building services or similar
• Minimum of 1 years’ relevant Design Experience.
• Experience in using Mechanical Design Software.
• Excel at problem solving and working through technical challenges
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Excellent organisation, planning and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure on own initiatives to achieve self and team targets
• Minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience in Design in a Commercial M&E Sector.
• Experience in using AutoCAD, MEP or Revit packages.
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.