|Head Office (Banbridge)||8am - 5pm Mon to Thurs, 8am - 3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Purchasing Manager|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a Commercial Buyer to support our growing Purchasing Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
We have an excellent opportunity for a commercial buyer to assist in the procurement of all Mechanical & Electrical material for all live jobs. You will work closely with our Procurement and Accounts teams in ensuring the smooth transition of all Mechanical orders from Technical Submittal, to full Procurement and finally to final stages of invoicing.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Obtain the best possible rates for Mechanical & Electrical materials to stay below the budgetary requirement and procure such materials
• Manage the delivery of Mechanical & Electrical material to site in a clear and professional manner by ensuring all items are available when required on site, through the setting-out of an informative draw-off schedule
• Working to ensure all supplier invoices are cleared for payment on a timely manner to maintain the high-level of positive supplier relations expected by the company.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks to ensure all paperwork is up to date, all sites are being efficiently serviced and efficiency remains at the expected high level.
• Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, suppliers, contractors, other construction professionals inc site operatives.
• Report to the Procurement Manager daily and directors as required.
• Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
• Ensure a safe working environment abiding by all necessary H&S requirements and legislation.
• Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
• Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent),
• Minimum of 2 years Procurement experience in a Construction or M&E Environment.
• Extensive and demonstrable experience in the management of mechanical / electrical ordering.
• Strong commercial awareness and knowledge of M&E materials and components.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages, especially Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent negotiating skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with a varied portfolio of work.
• Proven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
• Management of large-scale Mechanical & Electrical material ordering including drawing off in batches and its administration work.
• Ability to use a company accounting system
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.