Biomass Service Engineer (Glasgow Based)
|Glasgow Office||7am – 5pm Monday to Friday||Competitive depending on experience||Service & Maintenance Manager|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we are seeking an experienced Biomass Engineer to join our Service & Maintenance Team. This post is permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
The successful applicant must be an engineer with have previous biomass experience and the ability to carry out service, maintenance, and repair tasks on completed biomass boiler projects.
An in-depth knowledge of the Commercial Plumbing and Heating industry and Herz Biomass Boiler range would offer a distinct advantage to the applicant; however product specific training shall be provided for the successful applicant.
The position will cover a wide geographical area throughout Scotland and will require commitment to travel and occasional overnight stays.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have previous experience of servicing work on biomass boilers.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Conduct all required O&M tasks on biomass boiler projects throughout UK.
• Reactive call outs to time critical faults, including out of hours response
• Carry out monthly ash disposal visits
• Improvement suggestions on installed plant, submission of reports for the same
• Servicing / Fault Finding on Biomass plant and associated M&E services
• Work alongside existing site and office based engineers
• Timely completion of Field based job reports on a tablet device
• Relevant Biomass Experience preferably HERZ 300Kw – 1.5Mw
• Previous experience in Commercial M&E Trade
• Full and Clean Driving License
• Experience with other manufacturers
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.