COMPACT UFH FLOATING FLOOR
UFH INSULATION PANELS
Dry floor construction with UFH is suitable for a levelled substrate with minimum surface regularity SR1 or SR2. Pipework is inserted in insulation panels just underneath dry screed floorboards, along with continuous supporting performance layers (acoustic, vapour or damp control, increased U-value). The absence of wet trade allows the construction process to progress much faster. Insulation panels can come in 2 types:
Foil Faced UFH Insulation Tray - High density EPS or XPS insulation panels with a preformed grooved pattern including radius returns and connection runs suitable 16mm pipe allow a clean fast install.
UFH Insulation Tray with Spreader Plates - High density EPS or XPS insulation panels with a preformed grooved pattern including radius returns have an aluminium spreader plate insert to the grooves, again suitable for 16mm pipe. The conductive nature of the plates allows this system to have higher outputs at lower system temperatures making it very effective as a solution for heat pumps.
- Reduced Profile, as 53mm (18mm floorboard, 30mm insulation tray, 5mm resilient layer) plus leveller for seperating floor
- Lightweight, saving on dead loads up to 125kg/m²
- Faster response time due to lower thermal mass
- Dry easy-fit, no drying, no curing, no wet trades, minimal site logistics
- Time saving installation, floorboard installed straight after pressure test, trafficked in a few hours and floor finish the next day
- Sustainable floor construction, no water usage, reduced cement content, minimal wastage