Mechanical Design Engineer Placement (12 Months)
|Location||Hours||Salary||Responsible To||Start Date|
|Head Office (Banbridge)||8am - 5pm Mon to Fri||TBC||Design Manager||August/September 2021 (12 Months)|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Underfloor heating and Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the Underfloor Heating and offsite pre-fabrication industry.
Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a placement student to support our growing Mechanical Design Engineering Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This placement offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
Assist in the preparation of mechanical design packages for commercial heating solutions, to include – full energy centres, modular plant skids, biomass & waste wood boiler installation, ground & air source heat pump, CHP generators and general gas boiler installations.
Role to include:
• Preparation of the relevant mechanical design proposal, to include detailed installation drawings, plant selections, plant technical information schedules.
• Preparation of building heating and hot water load calculations to establish accurate plant sizing.
• Develop project specific BMS control panel drawings and description of operation to match the selected plant.
• Site survey existing & new properties services to determine appropriate options for suitable heating plant and prepare report on findings.
• Attend project design meetings when required and prepare report on findings.
• Work in conjunction with contracts managers and commissioning teams to assist in the commissioning process including proofing and streamlining of BMS controls operation.
• Work in partnership with an established design team who operate with the latest AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages.
• Currently studying a mechanical engineering, energy or building services degree and aspiring to work as a Mechanical Design engineer.
• An effective communicator who is able to build rapport with clients, design team partners, sub-contractors and manufacturers.
• Must be pragmatic with keen attention to detail
• Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Excel & Outlook.
• Experience within this sector or within the domestic M&E sector
• Internal training Available for further development
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.