Senior Quanitity Surveyor
|Head Office, Banbridge||8am- 5pm Mon to Thur, 8am -3pm Friday||Competitive depending on experience||Commercial Manager|
The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in the UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK & Ireland. We also offer turnkey design, build & operate solutions for commercial energy centers and large-scale district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar packages to a wide range of public body’s throughout Ireland & UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support our growing Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
In this position you will play a key role in M&E disciplines of construction projects. Managing the costs from the early design plans, through to the Practical Completion & beyond.
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for securing the successful financial delivery of projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing variations and change orders.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
- Maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Process monthly subcontractor payments.
- Review and approve contracts ahead of signing – highlighting any potential issues, assumptions and caveats.
- Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Engage Sub-contractors, handle negotiations, prepare sub-contract documents
- Compile monthly progress reports for both the Contracts team & Commercial Manager.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
Proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million-pound product or complex services opportunities. Ideally has a background in commercial M&E and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design.
Must be comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customers). Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills. Have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities. Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- At least five year's post graduate quantity surveying experience
- Ability to manage multiple contracts from inception to final account stage.
- Ability to work alone & as part of a team.
- Strong contractual knowledge of both JCT and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Proven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Full UK driving license.
- Two years’ experience in a construction or mechanical environment
- Experience in financial planning and control of mechanical or construction projects.
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Annual Health Check
- 30 days Annual Leave