Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a Senior Mechanical Estimator to support our growing Commercial team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is permanent contract. It is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further your career.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager you will be an essential part of the Commercial Team responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate costings for projects.
Day-to-day estimating will include costing of a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, from bespoke plantrooms, risers, laterals & prefabricated solutions.
Be responsible for generating detailed mechanical takeoffs for turnkey commercial projects which will involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment.
Liaise with our contract managers, purchasing department & wider commercial department in order to generate a seamless link from initial costing through to design, installation and completion for each project.
Core Responsibilities of role:
- Preparation of tender/enquiry review pack to help inform bid/no bid decisions.
- Ability to read & review schematics & designs prior to completing any take off.
- Complete mechanical take offs from schematics & 3-D designs and collate into material & labour costs.
- Input take offs into mechanical estimating software package & review.
- Liaise with commercial team to analyse labour requirements for each project and pull together associated costs for review.
- Obtain & review specialist supplier & sub-contractor’s quotes.
- To attend site meetings alongside design engineers & contracts managers as required both pre & post contract award.
- Prepare handover pack & attend internal post award meetings for successful projects to discuss and review breakdown of estimate with delivery team.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
- Third level qualification in a Mechanical, Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline or can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mechanical estimating role, on Mechanical projects from high-level budget enquiries; detailed design pricing; to full tender pricing.
- Knowledge of commercial conditions and the need for attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment rates.
- Experience in reading & understanding schematics and completing detailed take-offs.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to take ownership of their duties and a willingness to grow and learn within their team and the company.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.