Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a Senior Mechanical Estimator to support our growing Commercial Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager you will be an essential part of the Commercial Team responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate costings for projects.
Day-to-day estimating will include costing of a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, from bespoke plantrooms, risers, laterals & prefabricated solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for generating detailed mechanical takeoffs for turnkey commercial projects which will involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment.
The candidate will also liaise with our contract managers, purchasing department & wider commercial department in order to generate a seamless link from initial costing through to design, installation and completion for each project.
- Third level qualification in a Mechanical, Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline or can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mechanical estimating role, on Mechanical projects from high-level budget enquiries; detailed design pricing; to full tender pricing.
- Knowledge of commercial conditions and the need for attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment rates.
- Experience in reading & understanding schematics and completing detailed take-offs.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to take ownership of their duties and a willingness to grow and learn within their team and the company.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.