We are currently looking to fill the role of a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to support our growing Design Team based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
To take the lead role in the preparation of mechanical designs for commercial heating plantrooms and prefabricated products for the high-rise residential, healthcare, education hotel and leisure sectors.
Day to day activities will include sizing, selecting and performing calculations, conducting site surveys for a range of sectors and liaising with our fabrication team to make sure products are being fabricated to the specification.
Working in conjunction with an established design team who operate with the latest AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages.
- Manage engineering designs in line with client brief and other project requirements.
- Review and provide feedback on designs produced by more junior staff.
- Contribute to the day to day management and control of projects
- Attendance at project design meetings when required.
- Ability to work in conjunction with contracts managers and commissioning teams to assist in the commissioning process including proofing and streamlining of BMS controls operation.
- Liaising professionally with clients, suppliers, contractors and other relevant authorities as necessary at an extremely professional level.
- Keep up to date with emerging technology and integration with new design concepts.
- Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering / Building services or similar
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant Design Experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and to lead and motivate others.
- Experience in similar role for either contractor or consultancy.
- Excel at problem solving and working through technical challenges
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisation, planning and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiatives to achieve self and team targets
- Minimum of 4 year’s relevant experience in Design in a Commercial M&E Sector
- Experience in using AutoCAD, MEP or REVIT packages