Senior HSEQ Officer
|Head Office||8am–5pm Mon to Thur, 8am-3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||HSEQ Manager|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a Senior HSEQ Officer to support our growing Health & Safety Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
General assistance and support to the HSEQ Manager and department, ensuring safe practice, quality & environmental compliance on all sites controlled by Alternative Heat in liaison with site teams and relevant staff.
- Provide support and assistance to the HSEQ Manager, Project Managers and Supervisors.
- Liaising closely with contracts teams, take ownership of HSEQ matters relevant to particular projects from outset to completion.
- Assist in the identification of need and preparation of method statements & risk assessments (RAMS) COSHH assessments and ensure effective communication.
- Carry out HSEQ monitoring activities and site inspections and follow up any actions.
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health and follow up any actions.
- Assist in identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Familiarise with the day – to day functions of the department and organise yourself.
• Become aware of the functions of other members of staff in the department as they affect your work.
• To attend necessary meetings as required.
• To undertake assigned work in a professional and efficient way, in compliance with current HSE legislation, regulatory requirements and the company’s Integrated Management Systems.
• To communicate in a professional, helpful and non-prejudicial manner in all dealings with clients and customers as a representative of your department and the Company, and you should behave accordingly.
• To behave in a professional manner and always cooperate with all other members of staff.
• Deliver regular toolbox talks.
• Review and record First Aid and spill kit provision across all sites.
• To maintain high standards of work within your department.
• Other duties as assigned by the HSEQ Manager.
• To participate in an Annual Joint Review.
The above list is not exhaustive and additional tasks maybe required as directed.
• NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
• Proven HSE experience for a minimum of 5 years.
• Experience of working in New Build and M&E construction environments.
• Experience of undertaking health and safety audits.
• Experience of creating RAMS for complex works.
• Knowledge of health and safety aspects, including legislation and technical standards.
• Accident and incident investigation experience.
• Excellent attention to detail, organisational, planning and communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to deal with clients & internal staff.
• Ability to influence change and challenge those who flaunt H&S rules and guidance.
• Ability to work under pressure and on own initiatives to achieve self and team targets.
• Ability to proactively deal with employees all levels across the company to come up with solutions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages I.e. word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook etc
• Ability to travel to other sites across Ireland and the UK.
• Full UK Driving licence
• Chartered membership of IOSH or working towards it.
• NEBOSH Diploma or working towards it.
• ISO Knowledge (45001 9001, 14001)
• ISO internal auditing qualification
• Appointed person Qualification
• Train the Trainer Qualification
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.