Senior Business Development Executive
|Head Office - Banbridge||8am – 5pm Mon to Thurs, 8am-3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience|
Alternative Heat specialise in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Offsite Prefabricated MEP solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe.
Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and have established ourselves as a market leader within the offsite prefabrication industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Business Development Executive, with a demonstrated experience in the commercial M&E and Building Services sectors, to join our growing Commercial Sales team at our Head Quarters in Banbridge.
This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience and contribute to growth with a progressive, dynamic company.
This role will be form an essential part of the Commercial Sales Team, responsible for: expanding our client base; new lead generation; key account management; and target based sales.
You will be responsible for new business development across a range of commercial M&E sectors, with a focus on targeted growth through tier 1 M&E and Main Contractors.
Following inhouse training, you will promote, specify and be integral to sales growth of our range of Offsite Prefabricated MEP solutions. The candidate will be responsible for generating new business and achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
Core Responsibilities of role:
We have detailed below some of the key elements of this role,
• Requirement to understand Alternative Heat’s: core product offerings; current client’s; route to market; and growth strategy (inhouse training provided).
• Identify new business development opportunities through new clients and review along with line manager.
• Promote our Offsite Prefabricated MEP solutions through potential new client’s and set up: meetings; site visits; and factory visits, as required, in order to generate new leads.
• Input new client information into company CRM and manage these new accounts from lead generation, to quote follow up and conversion to sales.
• Prepare and deliver CPD presentations to potential new clients and consultants in order to drive project specification and encourage associated enquiries.
• Review incoming enquiries along with line manager in order to assess commercial viability, before passing onto estimating and design teams for pricing.
• Prepare handover pack for estimating teams to include project overview and agreed scope of works for pricing.
• Issue and follow up on quotes to clients, engaging closely with line manager when project is close to potential order.
• Prepare handover packs for secured orders to enable seamless internal handover to Operations and Contracts teams.
• Prepare monthly reports on status of live quotes, maintaining a tracker of ‘Top 10’ most likely projects, for monthly review with line manager.
• Utilise industry databases for lead generation and to identify key points of contact for projects.
• Develop an individual Business Development Plan in line with growth strategy and annual targets – reviewed quarterly with line manager.
• Attend trade shows to promote our Offsite Prefabricated MEP solutions.
• Follow up on leads generate from the trade shows.
Essential/ Desirable Criteria
• Previous experience in a Business Development / Commercial Sales / Technical Sales role within a Construction, M&E or Building Services Company (min. 3yrs).
• Third level qualification in Business, Engineering or similar.
• Understanding of the M&E and construction industries and the ability to engage and sell to senior level employees.
• Ability to clearly promote and sell our Offsite Prefabricated MEP solutions, with a clear understanding of their benefits and how to communicate these.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Good commercial awareness.
• Ability to manage a high volume of key accounts within a fast-paced environment.
• Management experience.
• Previous experience of utilising a CRM to track and manage leads.
• Ability to take ownership of duties and demonstrate a willingness to grow and learn.
• Ability to generate workloads to achieve sales / growth targets.
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.