Saw Operator/Machinery Operative
|Scarva, Co.Down BT63 6NL||7am - 5pm Mon to Thurs, 7am - 4pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Fabrication Manager|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a Saw Operator/Machinery Operative to support our growing Fabrication Team in our Fabrication Yard in Scarva. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Set, run and operate process machinery
• To read/interpret and adhere to CAD drawings
• Monitor machinery/run performance
• Use precision measurement instruments
• Making minor adjustments to machine settings to improve quality and efficiency
• Fault investigation and reporting machinery faults to the site supervisor.
• Handling equipment to move materials, forlifts etc
• To keep machines, tools and work area clean and tidy
• Daily housekeeping and maintenance
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
• Previous experience operating Band Saw machines.
• Previous experience operating a Hydraulic Steelworker.
• Previous experience working in the Fabrication/construction industry
• Experience in reading, interpreting and following from CAD drawings
• Experience using measurement instruments
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to manage work load to meet project deadlines.
• Good Communication skills with the ability to work within a team structure, as well as working on individual projects with minimal supervision.
• Current forklift licence
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.