Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland, UK and mainland Europe. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to integrate a Purchasing Manager to support our growing procurement team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is permanent contract. It is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further your career.
The purchasing manager will be play a key role in the procurement of all materials & plant for live projects. They will work closely with the procurement team and accounts departments, to ensure the smooth transition of all purchase orders from initial request for goods through to ordering and final stages of invoicing.
Core Responsibilities of role:
- Manage a high and fast paced workload of purchasing requirements by sourcing materials using a wide range of vendors
- Coordinate and evaluate the workload for the purchasing team and aid with any day-today issues where necessary
- Ensure there is consistency of service from the team for all internal and external stakeholders
- Determine the best source of supply for all products / services needed by the company, based on quality, price, delivery time, and other criteria
- Develop and maintain systems to manage internal material tracking to ensure all materials are delivered withing the agreed timeframe for the project programme.
- Develop and implement robust procedures and controls to increase efficiency and improve department performance
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best possible terms while maintaining good working relationships.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a senior procurement role
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of the management of mechanical / electrical ordering.
- Previous experience in a construction or M&E environment
- Proven skills in negotiation and supply chain interaction.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written communicate clearly with internal colleagues and external vendors to ensure objectives are met.
- Detail orientated, highly organized with the ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and work on own initiative
- Possess a relevant qualification in Supply Chain/Procurement discipline
- Management of large material ordering including drawing off as required.
- Previous experience of using the Viewpoint for Projects (4P).