Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a Pipe Fabricator - Supervisor/Chargehand to support our growing fabrication team in our fabulous new Fabrication Yard in Banbridge. This post is permanent contract. It is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further your career.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and experienced Pipe fabricator to fabricate pipe arrangements to support our team of welders, who can manage, develop, delegate work accordingly and support the Fabrication Manager/Co-ordinator.
As part of the role as Pipe fabricator – Supervisor/Chargehand, the successful candidate will be required to be on site each day, fabricating pipe arrangements from our shop drawings, overseeing weld procedures and increasing production within the fabrication/welding facility, ensuring projects are progressing in line with priority sequence & programme.
Core Responsibilities of role:
- Liaise with Fabrication Manager/Co-Ordinator to establish each projects requirements.
- Read and fully understand the pipe fabrication drawings for each project
- Fabricate pipe sets for various pipe diameters (typically carbon steel & stainless steel pipe ranging from 65mm – 500mm) from shop drawings.
- Review all fabrication drawings prior to entering the production line for correct measurements and specification
- Provide a constant supply of pipe assemblies to support welders.
- Ensure company welding procedures are adhere to.
- Liaise regularly with line managers in relation to labour resources, training, machinery and any non-conformances.
- Ensuring the project progresses in a timely manner and in accordance with project programs and specifications.
- Manage and schedule workload accordingly in the fabrication facilities.
- Set a personal example to all personnel when on site.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
- Established experienced pipe fabricator, experienced working with various pipe diameters and arrangements.
- Previous experience as a senior pipe fabricator, able to lead a team with a minimum of 3 years’ experience operating at this level.
- Previous experience and familiar with pipe/structural welding procedures.
- Confident in understanding off shop fabrication drawings with ability to relay this information through the wider fabrication teams.
- Organize a structured approach to your work.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload.
- Good attendance and timekeeping record.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to motivate colleagues, whilst maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Previous experience as a lead pipe fabricator, producing a wide range of pipe arrangements.
- Previous experience as a pipe fabrication chargehand/foreman.
- Experienced operating any of the following machines, Pipe Beveller, Plasma Cutter, Press Brake, Orbital Pipe Welder)