Payroll Officer (Part-Time)
|Head Office (Banbridge)||38hrs/ Month - based around month end Payroll||Competitive depending on experience||Head of Finance|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply, and installation of a wide range of off-site prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout the UK and Ireland. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a market leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to integrate a part time payroll officer within our finance team.
To be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the payroll function, ensuring timely processing of all aspects of payroll in accordance with internal policies, legislation, best practice and terms and conditions of employment.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• To administer all aspects of monthly payroll processing, ensuring timely and accurate administration for both UK and ROI payrolls for Alternative Heat Ltd and associated companies.
• To work closely with the HR department on staff appointments, terminations, remuneration, condition of service and other relevant matters.
• To liaising with HMRC, Revenue Commissioners, pension providers and other external stakeholders ensuring reports and returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Responsible for reconciliation, payment and control of all UK and ROI pay elements.
• Processing and authorization of employee expenses.
• Preparation and submission of payroll BACS runs.
• To perform statutory year end procedures and reporting for payroll including the preparation of P11Ds.
• To communicate directly with employees, department managers and directors to resolve any payroll-related queries.
• To providing supporting information for annual budgets, financial and management accounts, grant applications and statistical returns.
• To ensure GDPR compliance on all payroll records.
• To support the Finance Manager by identifying and implementing payroll system improvements to increase processing efficiency and ensure compliance with tax legislation taxation and accounting requirements.
• A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English Language and Mathematics.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in the last five years managing all components of a payroll system.
• Meticulous and organized.
• Strong communication skills both written and interpersonal.
• Capable of organizing own workload with a “can do” attitude.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Flexibility with working hours to suit the needs of the business.
• CIPP membership or working towards this or equivalent payroll qualification.
• Experience of Exchequer, Iris and Sage Micropay payroll systems.
• Experience of time and attendance clocking systems (Uattend).
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme.
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave (pro rata)
Join our growing team in this exciting and challenging role, send your CV and covering letter by clicking the “Apply now” link below.
For more information on our company please visit our website:
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.