We are currently looking to fill the role of a Mechanical Design Engineer to support our growing Design Team based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
To take the lead role in the preparation of mechanical designs for commercial heating plantrooms and prefabricated products for the high-rise residential, healthcare, education hotel and leisure sectors.
Day to day activities will include sizing, selecting and performing calculations, conducting site surveys for a range of sectors and liaising with our fabrication team to make sure products are being fabricated to the specification.
Working in conjunction with an established design team who operate with the latest AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages.
- Ensure production units match all approved drawings and specifications.
- Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards.
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process.
- Inspect, test, measure & report on materials & products being produced.
- Ensure all quality checks are completed and recorded withing the quality management system.
- Accept or reject finished items.
- Report inspection and test data.
- Report and Record Non-Conformances.
- Educated to HNC/HND Level in Mechanical Engineering / Building services or similar
- Minimum of 1 years’ relevant Design Experience.
- Experience in using Mechanical Design Software
- Excel at problem solving and working through technical challengest
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisation, planning and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiatives to achieve self and team targets
- Minimum of 1 years relevant experience in Design in a Commercial M&E Sector
- Experience in using AutoCAD, MEP or REVIT packages