Mechanical Design Engineer
|Head Office - Banbridge||8am – 5pm Monday to Friday||Competitive depending on experience||Design Manager|
The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in the UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Mechanical Design Engineer to support our growing Design Team based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
To assist in the preparation of mechanical designs for commercial heating plantrooms and prefabricated products for the high-rise residential, Healthcare, Education, Hotel and Leisure sectors.
Day to day you will be sizing, selecting and performing calculations as well as undergoing site surveys for a range of sectors as well as liaising with our fabrication team to make sure products are being fabricated to the specification.
Working in conjunction with an established design team who operate with the latest AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Prepare relevant mechanical design drawings, calculations, plant selections, BOM, and specifications
• Develop project specific BMS control strategies for implementation and following through to verification onsite.
• Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
• Attendance at project design meetings when required.
• Ability to work in conjunction with contracts managers and commissioning teams to assist in the commissioning process including proofing and streamlining of BMS controls operation.
• Liaising professionally with clients, suppliers, contractors and other relevant authorities as necessary at an extremely professional level.
• Travel to company sites in Scotland, England and Wales may be required occasionally.
• The above list is not exhaustive and additional tasks maybe required as directed.
• Educated to HNC/HND Level in Mechanical Engineering / Building services or an equivalent relevant qualification.
• Minimum of 1 years’ relevant Design Experience.
• Experience in using Mechanical Design Software.
• Knowledge of legislation, standards, safe working practices and environmental best practice would be desirable.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Excellent organisation, planning and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure on own initiatives to achieve self and team targets
• Minimum of one year’s relevant experience in Design in a Commercial M&E Sector.
• Experience in using AutoCAD, MEP or Revit packages.
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Health Cash Plan
• Annual Health Check
• 30 days Annual Leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.