Mechanical Contracts Manager
Mechanical Contracts Manager
|Head Office, Banbridge||7.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday||Competitive depending on experience||Contracts Director|
The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK & Ireland. We also offer turnkey design, build & operate solutions for commercial energy centers and large-scale district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar packages to a wide range of public body’s throughout Ireland & UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Mechanical Contracts Manager to support our growing Contracts Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience within a progressive and dynamic company.
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with an established commercial project management team and an in-house M&E design team who utilise the latest AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages, hence previous experience working on commercial M&E projects at a supervisor’s level is essential.
The majority of our current projects are based throughout the UK and Ireland and predominantly commercial M&E installations with a small amount of construction works, therefore any experience in construction would be beneficial but not essential.
Responsibilities of role:
- Ensure project value, drawings, specification and order is agreed and in place before works commence.
- Ensure company HSEQ policies & procedures are adhered to throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensure all RAMS are accurately developed throughout the project to cover all elements of works being carried out.
- Correspond directly with client / customer and other associated contractors where necessary throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensure all plant and equipment are procured correctly, in line with the specification and client requirements.
- Throughout the project track costs (material & labour) to ensure the project will be delivered as per original target spends.
- Assess requirement for labour and sub-contractors to undertake various elements of installation work.
- Vet all sub-contractors to ensure they fulfil company requirements and are engaged appropriately via fixed price order or JCT contract.
- Prepare accurate programme of works to ensure all works are planned in manner that key dates can be met.
- Provide accurate information on contract variation and monthly claims.
- Site survey existing services to determine appropriate options for successful integration with M&E services and BMS control packages.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate installation drawings and “As installed” drawings upon completion of works.
- Assist with the preparation of O&M manuals upon completion of the project.
- Ability to work in conjunction with the site teams and contractors onsite to ensure all works are carried out safely and to a high standard.
This role is aimed to be predominantly office based, (7.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday). There will be a requirement to attend frequent site meetings to meet client representatives, carry out site surveys, assess site progress, meet sub-contractors, assist with co-ordination plant operational checks & final commissioning. It would be reasonable to assume you would need to be out onsite at least 2-3 days per week.
- Previous experience working on commercial M&E projects at a supervisor’s level.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Relevant experience.
- Ability to take ownership of their duties and a willingness to grow and learn within their team and the company.
- Demonstrate a good ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Annual Health Check
- 30 days Annual Leave
Join our growing team in this exciting and challenging role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.