We are currently looking to fill the role of Mechanical Contracts Manager to support our growing Contracts Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
The successful candidate would be working in conjunction with an established commercial project management team and alongside our in-house M&E design team, who operate with the latest BIM & 3D modelling software, and hence, previous experience working on commercial M&E projects at a supervisor's level is essential.
The majority of our projects are currently based throughout the UK and Ireland and predominantly commercial M&E laid installation with a small section construction. Any experience in construction woul be beneficial but not essential.
This role is aimed to be predominantly office based, (7:30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday). There will be a requirement to attend frequent site meetings for example to meet client representatives, carry out site surveys, assess site progress, meet sub-contractors, assist with co-ordination plant operational checks & final commissioning. It would be reasonable to assume you would need to be out onsite at least 2-3 days per week.
- Ensure project value, drawings, specification and order is agreed and in place before works commence
- Ensure company HSEQ policies & procedures are adhered to throughout the duration of the project
- Ensure all RAMS are accurately developed throughout the project to cover all elements of works being carried out
- Correspond directly with client / customer and other associated contractors where necessary throughout the duration of the project
- Ensure all plant and equipment are procured correctly, in line with the specification and client requirements
- Throughout the project track costs (material & labour) to ensure the project will be delivered as per original target spends
- Assess requirement for labour and sub-contractors to undertake various elements of installation work
- Vet all sub-contractors to ensure they fulfil company requirements and are engaged appropriately via fixed price order or JCT contract
- Prepare accurate programme of works to ensure all works are planned in manner that key dates can be met
- Provide accurate information on contract variation and monthly claims
- Site survey existing services to determine appropriate options for successful integration with M&E services and BMS control packages
- Assist in the preparation of accurate installation drawings and “As installed” drawings upon completion of works
- Assist with the preparation of O&M manuals upon completion of the project
- Ability to work in conjunction with the site teams and contractors onsite to ensure all works are carried out safely and to a high standard
- Good Microsoft Office skills – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Relevant experience
- Ability to take ownership of their duties and a willingness to grow and learn within their team and the company
- Demonstrate a good ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills