Mechanical Construction Manager
|Head Office - Banbridge||7.30am – 5pm Mon to Thur, 7:30am-3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Contracts Director|
The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK & Ireland. We also offer turnkey design, build & operate solutions for commercial energy centers and large-scale district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar packages to a wide range of public body’s throughout Ireland & UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Mechanical Construction Manager to support our growing Contracts Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
The overall objective of the role is to ensure works run in a timely manner in line with project programmes within a safe environment. To ensure procurement lists of all mechanical plant for the project are listed out and distributed to our procurement team to complete orders. Organize the mechanical labour and agree fixed price works where necessary prior to any works commencing.
To attend weekly progress meetings to inform the wider team on mechanical progress and return all relevant information out of the meeting back through Site Supervisors and Mechanical Install teams.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Ensure project value, drawings, specification and order are agreed and in place before works commence.
• Ensure company HSEQ policies & procedures are adhered to throughout the duration of the project.
• Ensure all RAMS are accurately developed throughout the project to cover all elements of works being carried out.
• Correspond directly with client / customer and other associated contractors where necessary throughout the duration of the project.
• Ensure all plant and equipment are procured correctly, in line with the specification and client requirements.
• Throughout the project track costs (material & labour) to ensure the project will be delivered as per original target spends.
• Assess requirement for labour and sub-contractors to undertake various elements of installation work.
• Vet all sub-contractors to ensure they fulfil company requirements and are engaged appropriately via fixed price order or JCT contract.
• Prepare accurate programme of works to ensure all works are planned in manner that key dates can be met.
• Provide accurate information on contract variation and monthly claims.
• Site survey existing services to determine appropriate options for successful integration with M&E services and BMS control packages.
• Assist in the preparation of accurate installation drawings and “As installed” drawings upon completion of works.
• Assist with the preparation of O&M manuals upon completion of the project.
• Ability to work in conjunction with the site teams and contractors onsite to ensure all works are carried out safely and to a high standard.
• Previous experience working on commercial M&E projects at a supervisor’s level
• Relevant experience with Mechanical Installation & hold Mechanical Training Certification.
• Good Microsoft Office skills – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to take ownership of their duties and a willingness to grow and learn within their team and the company.
• Demonstrate a good ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good communication skills
This role is aimed to be predominantly office based. There will be a requirement to attend frequent site meetings for example to meet client representatives, carry out site surveys, assess site progress, meet sub-contractors, assist with co-ordination plant operational checks & final commissioning. It would be reasonable to assume you would need to be out onsite at least 1-2 days per week.
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Health Cash Plan
• Annual Health Check
• 30 days Annual Leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.