The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Europe.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK & Europe. We also offer turnkey design, build & operate solutions for commercial energy centers and large-scale district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar packages to a wide range of public body’s throughout UK & Europe.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Mechanical Construction Manager to support our growing Operations Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is permanent contract. It is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to develop and grow with a progressive and dynamic company to further your career.
The successful candidate would be working in conjunction with an established commercial project management team and alongside our in-house M&E design team, who operate with the latest Revit, AutoCAD & 3D design packages, hence previous experience working on commercial M&E projects at a managers level is essential.
The majority of our projects are currently based throughout the UK and Ireland and predominantly commercial M&E laid installation with a small section Construction. Any experience in construction woul be beneficial but not essential.
Responsibilities of role:
- Ensure project value, drawings, specification and order are agreed and in place before works commence.
- Ensure company HSEQ policies & procedures are adhered to throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensure all RAMS are accurately developed throughout the project to cover all elements of works being carried out.
- Correspond directly with client / customer and other associated contractors where necessary throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensure all plant and equipment are procured correctly, in line with the specification and client requirements.
- Throughout the project track costs (material & labour) to ensure the project will be delivered as per original target spends.
- Assess requirement for labour and sub-contractors to undertake various elements of installation work.
- Manage all sub-contractors to ensure they fulfil company requirements and are engaged appropriately via fixed price JCT contract.
- Prepare accurate programme of works to ensure all works are planned in manner that key dates can be met.
- Provide accurate information on contract variation and monthly claims.
- Ability to set out your own work load and to priorities the key elements of the project to ensure we deliver project programmes.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate installation drawings and “As installed” drawings upon completion of works.
- Assist with the preparation of O&M manuals upon completion of the project.
- Ability to work in conjunction with the wider MEP management within your team to plan and deliver each contract in a proactive and efficient manner.
- Ability to work in conjunction with the site teams and contractors onsite to ensure all works are carried out safely and to a high standard.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management
This role is aimed to be predominantly office based, (Mon-Thurs 7.30am-5pm, Fri 7.30am-3pm). There will be a requirement to attend frequent site meetings for example to meet client representatives, carry out site surveys, assess site progress, meet sub-contractors, assist with co-ordination plant operational checks & final commissioning. It would be reasonable to assume you would need to be out onsite at least 1-2 days per week.
To be considered for the role you will require:
- Good Microsoft Office skills – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous experience in a similar mechanical based role
- Ability to take ownership of their duties and a willingness to grow and learn within their team and the company.
- Demonstrate a good ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills