With a turnover exceeding £30M Annually and strong growth projected, Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
We have an open, honest culture throughout the workplace that is based on mutual respect and trust. We have a commitment to growth, moving forward and helping our people reach their full potential. Alternative Heat has a hard-working team with a strong teamwork ethos and sense of community. You will find many exciting opportunities and challenges within the role.
Due to strong company & department growth and expansion, we are currently looking to integrate a Junior Quantity Surveyor to support our growing Commercial Team at our Head Quarters in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting in the financial management of turnkey commercial projects from £1M - £6M per project and liaising with internal & external stakeholders.
The role will involve the full spectrum of QS duties ranging from preparation of cost plans, BOQ’s, Contract documentation preparation and interim claims processing including preparation of supporting claim evidence.
You will play an essential part in the Commercial Team and be responsible for accurate project cost delivery across Residential, Commercial, Pharma & Data Centre sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to get involved with a growing team and help the commercial, pre-construction and contracts teams continue to deliver prestigious projects.
Core Responsibilities of role:
We have detailed below some of the key elements of this role,
- The Junior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for helping to successfully control project cost to ensure financial delivery of projects.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
- Help to maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support in this regard to the Senior QS as required.
- Prepare monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews and review with Senior QS.
- Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Prepare monthly subcontractor payments for review with Senior QS and Management.
- Prepare Contract Documents for review by Senior QS – where able, highlight any potential issues, assumptions and caveats.
- Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Assist in the engagement of Sub-contractors, prepare information to assist in negotiations, prepare sub-contract documents.
- Assist in compiling monthly progress reports for both the Contracts team & Commercial Manager.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- At least two year's post graduate quantity surveying experience
- A keen eye for detail and willing to learn.
- Ability to work alone & as part of a team.
- Contractual knowledge of both JCT and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Full UK driving license.
- Experience in a construction or mechanical environment
- Experience in financial planning and control of mechanical or construction projects