Junior HSEQ Officer
|Head Office, Banbridge||8am–5pm Mon to Thur, 8am-3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||HSEQ Manager|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a Junior HSEQ Officer to support our growing Health & Safety Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate wanting to start or progress a career in health and safety.
General assistance and support to the HSEQ Manager and department, ensuring safe practice, quality & environmental compliance on all sites controlled by Alternative Heat in liaison with site teams and relevant staff.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Provide general support and assistance to the HSEQ Manager.
• Carry out HSEQ monitoring activities
• Assist with emergency arrangements e.g. fire drills, fire extinguisher inspections, spill management. First Aid.
• Assist with Method Statements, Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and annually reviewing.
• Review and record checks on various company plant & equipment
• Ensure adequate supplies of safety signage.
• Assist with training and ensure training is managed to ensure all remain compliant.
• Assist with supplier/sub-contractor management.
• To become familiar with the day – to day organisation of the department as it affects your work.
• To be aware of the functions of the members of staff in the department
• To undertake such work as you are assigned in a professional and efficient way and in compliance with current HSE legislation, regulatory requirements and the company’s Integrated Management System.
• To communicate in a friendly, helpful and non-prejudicial manner in dealing with staff, clients and / or customers as a representative of the department as well as the Company, and to behave accordingly.
• To maintain high standards of work within your department.
• To participate in an Annual Joint Review.
• To carry out administrative duties for the department.
• Other duties as assigned by the HSEQ Manager.
• Working towards NEBOSH Level 3 Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety
• Minimum of One year proven HSE experience
• Full UK Driving License
• Excellent attention to detail, organisational and planning skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Packages – specifically Excel.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and ability to deal with clients & internal staff.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Ability to proactively deal with employees all levels across the company to come up with solutions.
• Ability to travel to other sites across Ireland and the UK.
• NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
• Minimum of two years proven HSE experience
• ISO Knowledge (9001, 14001 OHSAS18001)
• Trade background
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.