The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in the UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK & Ireland. We also offer turnkey design, build & operate solutions for commercial energy centers and large-scale district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar packages to a wide range of public body’s throughout Ireland & UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of a Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to support our growing Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
In this position you will play a key role in M&E disciplines of construction projects. Assisting to manage the costs from the early design plans, through to the Practical Completion & beyond.
Responsibilities of role:
- The Intermediate Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for helping to successfully control project cost to ensure financial delivery of projects.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
- Help to maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Process monthly subcontractor payments.
- Review contracts ahead of signing – highlighting any potential issues, assumptions and caveats.
- Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Engage Sub-contractors, handle negotiations, prepare sub-contract documents
- Compile monthly progress reports for both the Contracts team & Commercial Manager.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- At least three - five year's post graduate quantity surveying experience
- Ability to manage multiple contracts from inception to final account stage.
- Ability to work alone & as part of a team.
- Strong contractual knowledge of both JCT and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Proven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Full UK driving license.
- Two years’ experience in a construction or mechanical environment
- Experience in financial planning and control of mechanical or construction projects.