Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we are looking to integrate a HSEQ Officer to support our growing Health & Safety Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive an dynamic company.
General assistance and support to the HSEQ Manager and department, ensuring safe practice, quality & environmental compliance on all sites controlled by Alternative Heat in liaison with site teams and relevant staff.
- Provide support and assistance to the HSEQ Manager, Project Managers and Supervisors.
- Liaising closely with contracts teams, take ownership of HSEQ matters relevant to particular projects from outset to completion.
- Assist in the identification of need and preparation of method statements & risk assessments (RAMS) COSHH assessments and ensure effective communication.
- Carry out HSEQ monitoring activities and site inspections and follow up any actions.
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health and follow up any actions.
- Assist in identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks.
Core Responsibilities of role:
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Proven HSE experience for a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience of working in New Build and M&E construction environments.
- Experience of undertaking health and safety audits.
- Experience of creating RAMS for complex works.
- Knowledge of health and safety aspects, including legislation and technical standards.
- Accident and incident investigation experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational, planning and communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to deal with clients & internal staff.
- Ability to influence change and challenge those who flaunt H&S rules and guidance.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiatives to achieve self and team targets.
- Ability to proactively deal with employees all levels across the company to come up with solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages I.e. word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook etc
- Ability to travel to other sites across Ireland and the UK.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Chartered membership of IOSH or working towards it.
- NEBOSH Diploma or working towards it.
- ISO Knowledge (45001 9001, 14001)
- ISO internal auditing qualification
- Appointed person Qualification
- Train the Trainer Qualification