With a turnover exceeding £30M Annually and strong growth projected, Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
We have an open, honest culture throughout the workplace that is based on mutual respect and trust. We have a commitment to growth, moving forward and helping our people reach their full potential. Alternative Heat has a hard-working team with a strong teamwork ethos and sense of community. You will find many exciting opportunities and challenges within the role.
Due to strong company & department growth and expansion, we are currently looking to integrate a Head of Estimating to support our growing Commercial Team at our Head Quarters in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of estimators to generate detailed mechanical takeoffs for turnkey commercial projects which will involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment.
The department is responsible for estimating a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, from bespoke M&E plantrooms, to risers, laterals & prefabricated solutions.
You will be the go-to person for anything relating to estimating and play an essential part in the Commercial Team responsible for accurate bid winning costings across Residential, Commercial, Pharma & Data Centre sectors.
Core Responsibilities of role:
- Third level qualification in a Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline or can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior estimating management/commercial role, ideally within the M&E sector
- Commercially astute and ambitious
- High standard of organisational and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of general construction methods.
- Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment rates.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Management experience