Junior Quantity Surveyor
|Head Office - Banbridge||8am -5pm Mon-Thurs, 8am-3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Commercial Manager|
The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in the UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK & Ireland. We also offer turnkey design, build & operate solutions for commercial energy centers and large-scale district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar packages to a wide range of public body’s throughout Ireland & UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of a Junior Quantity Surveyor / Graduate to support our growing Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
In this position you will play a key role in M&E disciplines of construction projects. Assisting to manage the costs from the early design plans, through to the Practical Completion & beyond.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• The Junior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for assisting and securing the successful financial delivery of projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and helping to compile variations and change orders.
• Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
• Assist in compiling monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
• Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
• Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
• Assist to prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
• Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
• Process monthly subcontractor payments.
• Review and report on contracts ahead of signing – highlighting any potential issues, assumptions and caveats.
• Engage Sub-contractors, assist with negotiations, prepare sub-contract documents
• Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
• Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
• A keen eye for detail and willing to learn.
• Ability to work alone & as part of a team.
• Contractual knowledge of both JCT and NEC Forms of Contract.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
• Full UK driving license.
• Experience in a construction or mechanical environment
• Experience in financial planning and control of mechanical or construction projects.
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Health Cash Plan
• Annual Health Check
• 30 days Annual Leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.