Facilities Management Manager (Inverness)
|Inverness Office - 36C Shore Street, Inverness, IV1 1NF||8am – 5pm Monday to Friday||Negotiable depending on experience||Service & Maintenance Manager|
Alternative Heat is a leading provider of bespoke maintenance packages tailored to client’s specific needs across a wide range of technology’s. We currently have a team of service and maintenance engineers operating heating systems throughout a range of public sector buildings spread across the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Facilities Management Manager in Inverness to join our passionate and driven Technical Services team on a permanent basis!
We are looking for a Facilities Management Manager to allow for continued expansion of our well-established Biomass Operation and Maintenance team. This will involve overseeing day to day operations within the Scottish Highlands including daily liaison with prestigious Public & Private Sector Clients and internal stakeholders, the individual should be career driven and seeking to progress within this role.
Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering experience is required for this role. Knowledge of the Commercial Plumbing and Heating industry would offer a distinct advantage to the applicant as would a local knowledge of relevant suppliers and contractors within these sectors.
The position will be full time office based within our Inverness office and will be complimented by top rates of pay and a company vehicle, phone, laptop etc.
The role of Facilities Management Manager will be responsible for driving Engineering performance, legislative compliance, service delivery and asset management in the Planned and Reactive Maintenance elements of a large Public & Private Sector Contract’s within the Highland Region. They should be an influential, technically competent and enthusiastic person with a desire to further develop our overall company presence within the Highlands and continually develop our supply chain partnerships.
The role will consist of the following duties with excellent potential for career progression and personal development.
Core Responsibilities of the Role
• Liaise with Clients / FM Site Staff to assist in fault diagnostics and rectification.
• Technical review of site logged queries & 3rd party reports.
• Oversee daily tasks of site engineers and warehouse team.
• Carry out technical inspections and pro-actively identify tasks, ensuring that all works are delivered to the contract specifications and required quality/industry standards.
• Monitor and assist in the management of the PPM planner for effectiveness and efficiency.
• Assign individual annual appraisals, monitor, and review maintenance engineers’ performance and training matrix regularly.
• Monitor and report on Contractual & Internal KPI’s
• Assist in recruitment campaigns and interview processes as required to allow for team expansion and further tender opportunities.
• Give regular updates on maintenance issues & performance of the maintenance team to the Engineering Managers.
• Manage the day-to-day relationship with all service providers ensuring that suppliers and their staff are operating within the contract and agreed plans.
• Perform troubleshooting to solve minor repair issues.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
• Previous experience in Commercial M&E Trade or Renewables Sector
• Effective managerial skills and interpersonal style, including the ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
• Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a pressurised environment.
• Computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office products
• Experience in sourcing suppliers, negotiating prices a demonstrable track record of performance against key performance indicators.
• Excellent communication skills
• A self-motivated person who is target driven and possesses the ability to work on their own initiative.
• A desire to succeed and emit positivity.
• Full driving license.
• Avail of 30 days annual holiday leave
• Avail of free work-based health checks within working hours.
• Avail of free life assurance scheme.
• Company Vehicle
• Company Phone
• Company Tablet
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.