|18 Old Mill Road, Scarva||7am - 5pm Mon to Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Project Manager|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of offsite prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and have established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth we wish to integrate a Fabrication Supervisor to support our current fabrication and painting facilities, in our offsite fabrication facility located in Scarva. This post is a permanent position and offers amazing opportunities for any successful candidate who wishes to gain experience within a progressive and dynamic company.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who is able to supervise and oversee the fabrication processes onsite here at our fabrication facilities in Scarva, Co. Down.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will be required to be onsite each day to supervise operations of our fabrication facilities to include: co-ordination of procurement and deliveries; provide direction to fabrication and painting teams; and ensure all works are carried out in a timely manner and in line with our HSE & QA procedures.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Liaise with the project management teams to establish each project’s requirement.
• Read and fully understand the construction drawings for each project.
• Ensure company H&S policies & procedures are adhered to onsite.
• Ensure company weld procedures are adhered to onsite.
• Ensure company painting standards are adhered to onsite.
• Liaise regularly with project management teams in relation to labour resources.
• Provide weekly progress reports on each project.
• Ensuring the project progresses in a timely manner and in accordance with project programs.
• Supervise and schedule employees & subcontractors’ workload accordingly.
• Maintaining quality control procedures.
• Deliver/complete site inductions, toolbox talks, safety inspections.
• Ensure compliance with overall site safety.
• Ensure company waste management procedures are adhered to onsite.
• Set a personal example to all personnel onsite.
• Previous experience with steel fabrication.
• Computer skills, including the ability to operate Microsoft Office & Excel.
• Organise a structured approach to your work.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage a varied portfolio of work.
• Full Driving License.
• Good attendance and timekeeping record.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to motivate colleagues, whilst maintaining a high level of productivity.
• Ability to operate CAD would be considered highly advantageous.
• Previous experience or familiarity with welding procedures.
• Previous experience or familiarity with spray painting procedures
• Previous experience as a supervisor.
• Full in-house training.
• Competitive pension scheme.
• Life assurance scheme.
• Health cash plan.
• Free annual health check during working hours.
• 30 days annual leave.
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.