|Head Office (Banbridge)||8am - 5pm Mon to Thurs, 8am - 3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Commercial Manager|
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK. Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the offsite pre-fabrication industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
We have an open, honest culture throughout the workplace that is based on mutual respect and trust. We have a commitment to growth, moving forward and helping our people reach their full potential. Alternative Heat has a hard-working team with a strong teamwork ethos and sense of community. You will find many exciting opportunities and challenges within the role.
We are currently looking to integrate an Estimating Manager to support our growing Commercial Team at our Head Office in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be an essential part of the Commercial Team responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate costings for projects.
Day-to-day estimating will include costing of a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, from bespoke M&E plantrooms, risers, laterals & prefabricated solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for generating detailed mechanical takeoffs for turnkey commercial projects which will involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment.
The candidate will also liaise with our contract managers, purchasing department & wider commercial department in order to generate a seamless link from initial costing through to design, installation and completion for each project.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Liaise with commercial and design teams to analyse new enquiries and manage the estimating & quoting process.
• Liaise with estimating team to direct and assist them through the estimating of all new enquiries.
• Ability to read & review schematics & designs prior to completing any take off.
• Complete detailed excel based take offs from schematics & 3-D designs and collate into material & labour costs.
• Preparation, issue, follow up and negotiation of supplier enquiries & quotation.
• Ability to operate and manage existing estimating software package to ensure accurate costs are prepared for all new projects.
• Liaise with commercial team to analyse labour requirements for each project and pull together associated costs for review.
• Obtain & review specialist supplier & sub-contractor’s quotes.
• Analysis and estimation of value engineering opportunities to ensure bids are competitive.
• Prepare handover pack & attend internal post award meetings for successful projects to discuss and review breakdown of estimate with delivery team.
• Quantity take-off, BOQ preparation and unit rate buildups.
• Third level qualification in a Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline or can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior estimating role, ideally within the M&E sector
• High standard of organisational and time management skills.
• Sound knowledge of general construction methods.
• Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment rates.
• High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Management experience
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
• Full in-house training
• Competitive pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Health cash plan
• Free annual health check during working hours
• 30 days annual leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.