Electrical Construction Manager
|Head Office - Banbridge||7.30am-5pm Mon to Thur, 7.30am-3pm Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Project Manager|
The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK & Ireland. We also offer turnkey design, build & operate solutions for commercial energy centers and large-scale district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar packages to a wide range of public body’s throughout Ireland & UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Electrical Construction Manager to support our growing Operations Team in our fabulous new Head Quarters based in Banbridge. This post is permanent contract. It is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further your career.
The successful candidate would be working in conjunction with an established commercial project management team and alongside our in-house M&E design team, who operate with the latest Revit, AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages, hence previous experience working on commercial M&E projects at a supervisor’s level is essential.
The majority of our projects are currently based throughout the UK and Ireland and predominantly commercial M&E laid installation, it would deemed essential that you have electrical experience and familiar with BS7671 installation regulations.
Core Responsibilities of role:
• Ensure company HSE&Q policies & procedures are adhered to throughout the duration of the project.
• Correspond directly with sub-contractors and other associated contractors where necessary throughout the duration of the project.
• Ensure all plant and equipment are procured correctly, in line with specification and client requirements.
• Assess requirement for labour and sub-contractors to undertake various elements of installation works.
• Co-Ordinate with sub-contractors to ensure they fulfil company requirements and are engaged appropriately via fixed price orders or JCT contract.
• Prepare accurate programme of works to ensure all works are planned in manner that key dates can be met.
• Attend onsite meetings with client and contractors and report back to Project Manager on key points, will involve travelling 1-2 days per week.
• Provide accurate information on contract variation and monthly claims.
This role is aimed to be predominantly office based, (Mon-Thurs 7.30am – 5pm, Fri 7.30am-3pm). There will be a requirement to attend frequent site meetings for example to meet client representatives, carry out site surveys, assess site progress, meet sub-contractors, assist with co-ordination plant operational checks & final commissioning. It would be reasonable to assume you would need to be out onsite at least 1-2 day per week.
• Previous experience at a similar level.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing or engineering sectors will be considered highly advantageous.
• Extensive knowledge of and ability to deliver contracts in line with current BS7671 installation regulations.
• Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office, excel & works planner.
• Organised and structured approach to your work.
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with a varied portfolio of work
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Good interpersonal Skills
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Health Cash Plan
• Annual Health Check
• 30 days Annual Leave
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative Heat is an equal opportunities employer.