The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in the UK’s Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK & Ireland. We also offer turnkey design, build & operate solutions for commercial energy centers and large-scale district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar packages to a wide range of public body’s throughout Ireland & UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Electrical Design Engineer to support our growing Design Team based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
To assist in the preparation of electrical designs for commercial heating plantrooms and prefabricated products for the high-rise residential market to include, general power and lighting, boiler plants, CHP generators, circulation pumps, inverters and BMS control equipment etc.
Working in conjunction with an established design team who operate with the latest AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Conduct Site Surveys of existing services to determine appropriate options for existing integration with BMS control packages.
- Prepare relevant electrical design drawings, plant selections, cabling routes and installation specification guides at the various design stages of the project i.e. – from initial concept design through to tender, construction and completion.
- Develop project specific BMS control panel drawings and description of operation to match the selected plant.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Attendance at project design meetings when required.
- Ability to work in conjunction with contracts managers and commissioning teams to assist in the commissioning process including proofing and streamlining of BMS controls operation.
- Liaising professionally with clients, suppliers, contractors and other relevant authorities as necessary at an extremely professional level.
- Travel to company sites in Scotland, England and Wales may be required occasionally.
- The above list is not exhaustive and additional tasks maybe required as directed.
- Educated to HNC/HND level in Electrical/ Control Engineering or an equivalent relevant qualification.
- Minimum of one years’ relevant experience in design within building services.
- Experience of using Electrical Design Software.
- Knowledge of legislation, standards, safe working practices and environmental best practice would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisation, planning and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiatives to achieve self and team target.
- Minimum of one year’s relevant experience in Design in a Commercial M&E Sector
- Experience in using AutoCAD, MEP, Revit or Amtech packages.