Alternative Heat Underfloor Heating Division specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of underfloor heating solutions and floor build ups for large scale residential and commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland and UK.
Through continuous investment within our teams, and our facilities, we have grown strongly over the years and established ourselves as a leader within the industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to integrate a Commercial Underfloor Heating Design Engineer to strengthen our growing Underfloor Heating Team, based in our new head office in Banbridge.
This post is a permanent contract subject to a 6 months probationary review and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
The successful candidate will play a key role in providing design support to commercial underfloor heating projects, working in conjunction with an established design team who operate with the latest design software packages.
- Preparation of design solutions in accordance with client and consultant requirements
- Operate HT2000 software to develop detailed UFH designs in line with EN1264 regulations
- Generate detailed heat loss calculations
- Preparation of detailed CAD installation layout drawings
- Attend project specific technical meetings to discuss proposed solutions / issues in design
- Liaise with client / consultant to assist with contract negotiations
- Assist installations Contract Manager to ensure effective design delivery
- Assist with commissioning procedures and details
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Management.
- Third level education in Building services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD & Excel
- Computer literate including the ability to operate Microsoft Office.
- Organised and structured approach to your work.
- Ability to work to deadlines and cope with a varied portfolio of work.
- Good interpersonal Skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Previous experience in a similar environment.