Commercial Manager/ Quanitity Surveyor
|Head Office, Banbridge||8am to 5pm, Mon - Thur; 8am to 3pm, Fri||Competitive depending on experience||Managing Director|
The opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in UK's Building Services providers. We design, develop and deliver innovative, value adding and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK and Ireland.
Alternative Heat specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range prefabricated energy solutions, typically built in NI and shipped throughout the UK and Ireland. We also offer turnkey design, build and operate solutions for commercialy energy centres and large-scaled district heating solutions and have experience with successfully procuring and delivering many similar pacakges to a wide range of public body's throughout Ireland and UK.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Commercial Manager to support our growing teams in our fabulous new Head Offices based in Banbridge. This is a permanent post and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
Job Summary:This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced QS to get involved with a forward thinking, growing company and help build upon the processes already in place to assist the commercial, pre-construction and contracts teams as they continue to grow.
The role will involve the full spectrum of QS duties ranging from preparation of cost plans, BOQ's Contract documentation preparation and review, management of interim claims and preperations and negotiation of variations and final accounts.
In this position you will play a key role in liaising with clients and managing finances on a broad range of prefabrication projects, ranging in value from £1M - £5M per project.Responsibilities of role:
- Maintain financial control of projects including preparing monthly job performance reviews and liaising with estimating and contracts teams to interrogate and provide clear, accurate reports for ongoing and completed projects.
- Liaising with contracts, estimating and pre-construction teams to obtain full understanding of each project scope and assisting with identification of potential variations.
- Review of job performance inline with budget to highlight any variances or potential over / underspends and preparation of reports for review with estimating manager, contracts manager and contracts director.
- Overseeing monthly claim process and managing project variations
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of project variations and final accounts.
- Review and interrogation of all new and existing contracts / Orders received including negotiating with clients to ensure associated terms and conditions are relevant and acceptable.
- Preparation, review and award of subcontract packages for contracts teams.
- Attend monthly credit meetings to provide update on any ongoing contract specific negotiations / queries so credit team can chase payments accordingly.
- Preparation of project specific cashflow projections and liaising with Estimating manager to assist in preparation and management of risk registers.
The above list is not exhaustive and additional/ alternative tasks may be required from time to time as directed.
- Degree educated Quantity surveyor.
- A minimum of 8 years quantity surveyor experience in the construction industry sector.
- Good Microsoft Office skills – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Commercially astute and ambitious
- Demonstrate a good ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Annual Health Check
- 30 days Annual Leave