A UK leading multi-award winning building services contractor are currently seeking BIM Technicians to expand their BIM team at their fabulous new Head Office in Banbridge, NI. They are seeking experienced BIM Technicians with backgrounds in either MEP, Architectural or Structural design to assist in delivering exciting large scale projects in the UK, Ireland and across Europe, including high to medium rise residential, commercial, educational, data centres and innovative energy projects.
Alternative Heat is a specialist MEP contractor based in Northern Ireland that carries out design, manufacture and installation of offsite mechanical & electrical prefabricated products and renewable energy systems with a reputation for delivering projects to the highest standard. The successful candidate will be involved from conceptual design through to manufacturing design and onsite delivery utilising the latest BIM software where they will collaborate with design engineers and project management teams in delivering projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any candidate who wants to join a progressive and dynamic company that continuously invests in their teams and facilities, where they understand that employees are fundamental in business success.
As a BIM Technician you will be joining a growing BIM team designing and detailing offsite modular building services solutions to be offsite manufactured within our fabrication facilities and to be constructed onsite by our site teams. Based at our Head Office in Banbridge, you will benefit from the mentoring and support from well-established and successful BIM and design teams.
- BIM modelling of prefabricated MEP solutions using Revit software to support the project design, offsite manufacturing and onsite installation processes
- Produce Navisworks models for internal and external model reviews including clash detection reporting
- Develop presentable detailed drawings to issue to clients for approval
- Produce MEP, fabrication and construction assembly drawings
- Produce quantity take-off schedules from the BIM model for the manufacturing and assembly process
- Produce site setting out drawing packages in collaboration with the offsite and onsite construction teams
- Develop families, asset information, and other elements to utilise the features available with the Revit software to enhance day to day operation efficiencies
- Attend project coordination meetings with internal and external BIM project teams - typically via Microsoft teams
- Report to the project leads on modelling and drawings statuses as required
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good understanding and knowledge of Autodesk Revit software
- Strong communication and team skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects
- Organised to deliver assigned tasks within set deadline dates
- Microsoft office skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Microsoft teams
- A relevant third level education
- Knowledge of the building services, architecture, or structural design