A UK leading multi-award winning building services contractor are currently seeking an experienced BIM Technical Specialist to expand their digital delivery capabilities with Autodesk BIM software, including Revit and Navisworks, as a fundamental role within their expanding BIM team at their fabulous new Head Office in Banbridge, NI.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any candidate who wants to join a progressive and dynamic company that continues to invest in their teams and facilities, where they understand that employees are fundamental in business success, where you will work with supportive and diverse teams that will empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed in your career.
Alternative Heat is a specialist MEP contractor that carries out design, manufacture and installation of offsite mechanical & electrical prefabricated products and renewable energy systems with a reputation for construction quality and delivery of projects to the highest standard, where BIM is an integral element towards the day-to-day operations across all design, manufacturing and onsite installation project stages.
They are seeking a candidate who thrives in a project team environment and wants to improve digital delivery through implementation of BIM processes, asset information, families, plug-ins, scripts, and general Autodesk software knowledge. They will work through multi-disciplinary design, manufacturing and installation processes on projects where they will analyse and apply new systems to enhance BIM operation efficiencies and productivity for exciting large scale projects in the UK, Ireland and across Europe, including high to medium rise residential, commercial, educational, airports, data centres and innovative energy projects.
- Lead on digital construction and the implementing of workflows and processes to enhance company operational efficiencies and increase productivity
- Liaise with the BIM team and incorporate digital construction processes and procedures
- Develop company BIM standards, templates, libraries, policies, procedures, LOD matrices in accordance with ISO and BS standards, and implement across the BIM teams deliverables
- Coordinate digital workflow of projects to ensure standards and processes are followed to ensure continuity and consistency of project deliveries
- Provide inductions to new BIM team staff members on company BIM standards and workflows
- Proactively complete checks on BIM project works to ensure efficient use of digital tools
- Actively provide diverse support to BIM team operations to alleviate potential project delays
- Review project BIM execution plans, identify requirements and develop effective BIM delivery strategies
- Coordinate BIM files from clients, consultants and sub-contractors using collaborative platforms such as Navisworks and BIM 360
- Provide a clash detection strategy and reporting structure to be completed at stages on projects
- Liaise with sub-contractors associated with BIM implementation on projects, including site surveying and construction point setting out
- Collaborate with document control to support project documentation tasks
- Chair weekly meetings with relevant teams to review the continued developments
- Lead on research and development of digital tools with proposals to enhance productivity and delivery standards
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with BIM software in completing project work in medium to large scale projects
- Demonstrated expertise in digital tools such as Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, BIM360, Dynamo, and AutoCAD
- Experience and understanding of multi-disciplinary design processes and design coordination
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and tasks on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects
- Microsoft office skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Microsoft teams
- A relevant third level education
- Knowledge of the building services, architecture, or structural design